Clinics & Services
- Chronic Disease Management: We provide an integrated service in conjunction with practice and district nurses to manage chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, ischaemic heart disease and hypertension.
- Contraception: A range of contraceptive services are available, including the 'morning-after-pill'. Health advice can also be given for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Maternity Advice: All partners are on the obstetric list but we as doctors no longer offer home deliveries. The midwife for the area holds weekly antenatal clinics at the Kessingland surgery. The midwives may offer a home delivery.
- Minor Surgery: All partners are approved for minor surgery and will carry out a range of minor surgical procedures.
- Child Developmental Assessment: All partners are qualified to carry out these checks.
- Childhood Immunisations
- Travel Clinic: For health advice and vaccinations, available from practice nurses.
- Smoking Cessation Clinics: Help will be offered and you will be offered onward referral to a smoking cessation clinic.
- Chlamydia Screening: We offer Chlamydia screening to all 16-24 year olds, both male and female. We would ask that you take advantage of this. You can collect a screening test kit from our nurses.
- Cervical Smears: With the practice nurses.
- Smoking Cessation Clinic: Help will be offered to stop smoking and referral to the above clinic.
Phlebotomy Service Moving from Lowestoft Hospital
From 5 December, the current phlebotomy service will move from Lowestoft Hospital.
If you require a blood test, you do not have to wait for an appointment in surgery. Patients are able to attend one of the two walk-in clinics below held each morning (Monday to Friday) at Beccles Hospital & Sole Bay Health Centre, Reydon. IP18 6GY. The times are as follows:
Beccles Hospital Mon-Fri 8.30am-12pm (11.30 at times due to
Sole Bay Health Centre Mon-Fri 9.00am-11.00am
Bookable appointments will also be available at: Kirkley Care Clinic, Clifton Road, Lowestoft – Monday to Friday 8am-3pm.
Alexandra Road Surgery, Lowestoft – Monday & Wednesday 8.30am-2.30pm.
Crestview Surgery, Crestview Drive, Lowestoft – Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8.30am-2.30pm
To book please call 01502 273150 or 273151
Areas Where Talking to a Health Visitor Can Help
- Babies and Children - Immunisation, behaviour/sleep, feeding, special needs, toilet training/bedwetting etc.
- Emotional Wellbeing - Depression, unemployment, marital breakdown, domestic violence, stress, bereavement, chronic illness, childcare, local support networks etc.
- Staying Healthy and Living a Healthy Life - Drug and alcohol abuse, women's/men's health, contraception and family planning, pre-conception advice, sexual health, pregnancy, poverty, housing, disability etc.
The health visiting team works closely with the local children’s centre and has information about all their services including baby massage and baby yoga.